We have found the problem with our site and currently working on resolving the issues. We will be back online as soon as possible.
If you need to contact us:
service (at) amidoncorp.com
Currently Amidoncorp.com is down due to server issues. We are working on restoring the service as soon as possible.
Please contact us:
We’re about to buy Office 2007 and someone here at the office mentioned Office 2010. Wait a minute, why should we buy Office 2007 if Office 2010 is about to be released this April 2010, supposedly. So I went loking for some information about it and remembered that Microsoft will be offering free Office 2010 upgrade for every Office 2007 purchased between March 5th and September 30, 2010.
- Buy a qualifying Office 2007 product (with or without a new PC) between March 5 and September 30, 2010.
- Install and activate your qualifying Office 2007 product by September 30, 2010. This qualifies you to upgrade to the corresponding Office 2010 product.
- Once the corresponding Office 2010 is available, simply go to www.office.com/techg by October 31, 2010 to download it at no additional cost, or purchase a DVD for a fee. Follow the online steps to verify eligibility. You will need an activated Office 2007 Product Key.
- Download the product and receive an Office 2010 Product Key online. There is an option to purchase a DVD for a fee.
* Office 2010 downloads will be accessible at general availability. Discs can be ordered for a fee. Eligible Office 2007 software must be purchased from Microsoft or an authorized reseller and activated between March 5, 2010 and September 30, 2010. Request your Office 2010 product by October 31, 2010 using your activated Office 2007 Product Key and dated sales receipt. One (1) Office 2010 product per qualifying Office 2007 purchase, limit 25 per person. For complete details, visit www.office.com/techg.
From Microsoft (FAQ):
Below are some of the Office 2007 products that qualify for the Technology Guarantee.
- Office Home and Student 2007
- Office Small Business 2007
- Office Professional 2007
- Office Publisher 2007
See full list of Office 2007 qualifying products.
The one thing that we are still not sure is wether to get Microsoft Office Standard 2007 or Microsoft Office Small Business 2007. If I were to use it for home, I’d get Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007. I can do without Microsoft Outlook, since I use ThunderBird.
The Dell computers we purchased to replaced some of our 7-year old computers have arrived. It comes with Windows 7 and Windows XP downgrade.
It is going to take a few days to configured the computers to our liking so we can increased our productivity. Not sure if we’re going to use Windows 7 right away due to some ancient software we are still using.
By the way, we are finally going to get Office 2007. Well, Office 2010 is just around the corner. More spending in this economy, but hey, we are contributing to the recovery. We’re still not sure if we are going to need Outlook (2007) anymore since we have moved the email system to a less Microsoft-centric one. Anyway it’s still going to cost us a cosiderable amount of our IT budget for the softwares.
Currently the pricing for Microsoft Office 2007 Standard Edition is over $300 at Amazon.com. Where can we get it cheaper? Any ideas?
So, we’re buying new computers to replace the ones we had for more than 7 years. We are getting a few Windows 7 computers with Windows XP optional installation.
For sure we will start using Windows XP first, and slowly transition to Windows 7 later on.
7 years and now moving to Windows 7. A little bit prophetic.
Information about and on how and where to make donation to Haiti Earthquake Relief Fund:
You can also “Text to Donate” from your mobile phone. Some carriers might take longer to deliver the donation.
- Text “HAITI” to “90999″ to donate $10 on behalf of the American Red Cross.
- Text “YELE” to “501501″ to donate $5 on behalf of The Yéle Haiti Foundation.
- Text “HAITI” to “20222″ to donate $10 on behalf of The William J. Clinton Foundation.
- Text “HAITI” to “85944″ to donate $10 on behalf of the Rescue Union Mission and MedCorp International.
- Text “HAITI” to “25383″ to donate $5 on behalf of the Internal Rescue Committee.
We at Amidon would like to encourage you to help those in need.
We will be Back on Monday December 28, 2009.